2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups of chicken broth
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 2.5 cm (1 in.) pieces
2 cups lactose-free milk (or regular milk, your choice)
1/2 cup lactose-free cheddar (or regular, your choice), grated
2 cups lobster meat
1 C. tablespoon lime zest, finely grated
2 tbsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Espelette pepper or other ground pepper
1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil. Sauté the onion, garlic and rice for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Pour the wine into the saucepan, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring very often, for 20 to 25 minutes, taking care to pour the broth little by little, at intervals of 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus. Continue cooking, incorporating the milk in the same way as the broth. (The rice should absorb all of the liquid while remaining a little stiff.)
- Add the cheese, stir well until melted. Add lobster, lime zest and lime juice. Let the lobster warm up in the risotto for 2 or 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with coriander and chili. Serve with lime wedges if desired.